Amazon Alexa FAQ's
Danfoss ECO FAQ's
To download and use the Danfoss Eco™ App you must use a smart phone device that follows these requirements:
- IOS: Version 11 or higher and more recent models are compatible. The Danfoss Eco™ App is optimized for iPhone usage, but can be downloaded as well on iPads. Remember to search for iPhone App as we do not have a dedicated iPad App.
- Android: Version 7.0 or higher*
*Android operative system is used by many smartphone manufacturers around the globe. These devices are communicating via Bluetooth in different ways and with different level of success.
Internal tests have shown that some Android smart phones are not responding well to Bluetooth devices, hence the connection is not always stable.
How can it be?
The challenge with Bluetooth connection is often related to battery powered devices that is optimized for long battery lifetime – no matter the type and brand. Bluetooth devices optimized for long battery lifetime does not communicate with the same intensity as mains powered Bluetooth devices. It means you might experience full compatibility with a Bluetooth loudspeaker, but encounter problems with the same smart phone device, trying to connect to a battery powered device. (Please notice that Bluetooth headsets etc. is not optimized for long battery lifetime).
If you are experiencing slow, or no connection to Danfoss Eco™? You might use this workaround.
You have Android device and you have some challenges in establishing a Bluetooth connection it is recommended to try the following:
- Activate the Bluetooth protocol by turning the wheel or pressing the button whilst the Danfoss Eco™ App is searching for connection. Turning the wheel or pressing the button is increasing the ‘amount’ of Bluetooth communication and also the chance that connection can be established.
- If you have an iPad or iPhone, then try to establish connection from one of these devices. If you succeed, then it is due to the Bluetooth connection speed on your Android device.
If radiator thermostat doesn't change set point temperature at the scheduled time, then you need to re-connect your smartphone with the internet access to the thermostat and new time will be updated via the internet automatically. If the issue remains the same, remove batteries from the thermostat or reset to the factory settings.View page
Danfoss Link FAQ's
- Danfoss Link™ & Amazon Alexa
- Amazon Alexa Quick Guide
- Danfoss Link and Amazon Alexa connection guide
- Alexa says “Sorry, which room did you mean?” What should I do?
- What voice commands can I use to control my Danfoss Link™ and thermostats with Alexa ?
- In the Alexa App temperatures displayed in Fahrenheit. How can I change this?
- Amazon Echo does not support my native language, can I use the integration anyway?
- Alexa says “Sorry, Danfoss Link™ CC is not responding.” What should I do?
- Do Danfoss Link™ CC and Amazon Echo need to be on the same Wi-Fi network?
- Amazon account registration guide
- Why are my radiators heating doing night set-back periods?
- Is my smartphone compatible with Bluetooth? / Slow or no connection.
- Why set temperature isn't changing at the scheduled time. "Time zone" or "Summertime" is incorrect.
- Is it possible to manage more than one location with the same App?
- Can I use the thermostat without an App/Smartphone ?
- What is Bluetooth?
- Will my smartphone support the Bluetooth technology?
- What to expect in terms of range between the App and the thermostat?
- How many thermostats can I control from the same App/Smartphone?
- Where do I find the user guide?
- The display is turned upside down – can I change it?
- Why is the red light flashing on the Eco?
- ‘Enable location’ service. Why is my Android phone asking me to do this?
- Update failed – there is no response from the thermostat
- Slow connection time between the App and the thermostat
- Error E9. What does it mean and what should I do?
- Can I control more than one Danfoss Link CC from the Danfoss Link App?
- What happens when I buy a new smartphone?
- Why are my radiators heating doing night set-back periods? (Link)
- Where can I download the Danfoss Link App?
- What is Living Zone?
- I have no connection to Danfoss Link CC
- On/Off Devices?
- How do I change the temperature for a room?
- I am replacing my Danfoss Link CC and I am concerned about my settings
- What to do if I am unsure if my heating system is working optimally?
- What is Manual Temperature?
- How do I check if my CC has Wi-Fi?
- How do I enable Wi-Fi?
- Does Danfoss Link™ work with non-Danfoss systems (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, IFTTT, Samsung SmartThings, Google Assistant)?